We’re hiring a freelance WordPress developer
Requirements and responsibilities
Are you a highly skilled WordPress developer? Do you have many years of WordPress experience and are you obsessed with code quality? Then apply for a freelance position with LiteBreeze today. We will pay you by the hour. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Convert a high-quality PSD design into a functioning WordPress website.
- Develop plugins for our dynamic content including listings of developer profiles (“CVs”), case studies.
- Develop customizations such as password protected content based on whether a user is logged in to our separate staff panel application.
- Testing and validation for: optimal load speeds, on-page SEO, compatibility across browsers and devices.
- Migration of existing WordPress blog and 100+ pages of static content.
- The pages should look good on mobile as well. We are however not looking to put very much effort into making the website fully mobile-adapted during the first stage.
- Set up permissions and roles. 5-10 staff will have access.
We are looking for one highly skilled freelance developer, not an agency or web development company.
We are looking for a WordPress developer who can meet a very high level of quality after converting the existing PSD. We are expecting deliverables in line with this level of quality:
If you pass our screening process you will be selected as one of three final contenders. Your first paid job with us will be a limited assignment of around 5-20 hours. Thereafter the top performer will be selected as long-term partner.
The first assignment could for example include converting the PSD design and applying existing content for a landing page such as: https://litebreeze.com/php-developers
Our PHP developers will be involved to check your deliverables, so you must be able to work with GIT version control. You will commit code daily. We require someone who is very attentive to details, can produce clean code and follow coding standards.
You will work on a long-term project and the codebase must be scalable, secure and fast. We’re not just looking for someone who can convert a PSD, but someone who can customize and develop new plugins / features.
LiteBreeze mainly focuses on complex web application development using PHP and Laravel. Our own developers with WordPress experience are very occupied with client work, hence we are looking for a freelancer.
We have a more detailed specification that we will share after screening your application. If we are happy with your performance, this can become a very long-term project. That being said, we are very selective.
Apply via http://jobs.litebreeze.com. Send us a cover letter answering the following:
- Send us your top two recent reference website projects (not more than two carefully selected ones please). Preferably similar in nature to the type of website that we are looking for. We might ask for a reference from the website owners if you are selected. Our own WordPress experts will assess the quality of these two websites.
- Send us your full portfolio link.
- Send us your LinkedIn profile, as well as Twitter and others if available.