Roothmarket is a comparison shopping service app for products from multiple online stores. This data is automatically, periodically gathered from the shopping feed of different stores.
This was developed using a PHP framework and SQL as the database.
The main features are:
- Manage stores and their feeds. Map the feed categories to custom categories.
- Periodically process feeds to update the product listing related to different stores.
- Ability to search and filter products based on stores, categories, prices, and brands.
- Auto-set language and currency based on the selected country and list the appropriate products.
- Display product details and available variants.
- Compare the price of different variants of the same product on a single page.
- The application is developed using the CodeIgniter PHP framework and SQL as the database.
- Elasticsearch is employed to index the feed-data, perform an advanced and efficient search on the large data-set. It also enables text operations like autocompletion, spelling variations, and typo handling.
- Redis is employed as an in-memory database for caching frequently used data.
- The front end of the application is built using Vue.js and Twitter Bootstrap to provide a snappy user experience.
- Implement outgoing feed and parallel tracking for listing feed data on Google shopping.
- Further, optimize the feed parser to ensure scalability.
- Employ Machine learning (ML) for automated and effective mapping of feed categories to custom categories.
LiteBreeze completed the first phase of our project within the expected time, even with the preponed go-live date. They have strong work principles, excellent technical know-how and good communication skills. I would wholeheartedly recommend LiteBreeze to people who’re looking for trustworthy outsourcing partners. - Martin Frönmark (Stockholm, Sweden)
Team of developers who worked on this project: Sushama
, Aswathy V